This will be an experience of a lifetime! The recent eruptions of Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island of Hawaii have captured the world’s imagination. This fully narrated Volcano Adventure features a hike over the lava flow that covered the village of Kalapana and famous Kaimu black sand beach in the 1980’s.
Oahu Volano Tour Highlights
- Enjoy large windows & expert tour guides
- Airfare from Oahu (HNL) to Hilo (ITO) via Hawaiian Airlines Included
- Professional, knowledgeable guides provide descriptive narration throughout your tour!
- Drive through quaint Hilo town & cruise along scenic Banyan Drive.
- Witness the gorgeous 80-foot Rainbow Falls.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (Park admission included).
- Stop at the Jagger Museum to see hands-on displays and films of previous eruptions & current activity.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch stop (meal not included).
- Walk through Thurston Lava Tube.
- Visit an orchid & anthurium nursery.
You will experience a short walk out to the newest accessible black sand beach which takes you over an area that was once the ocean. Look to the east and see the slopes of Volcanoes National Park where, if there is any surface lava flow, you may see steam or lava coming down towards the sea. You will explore Volcanoes National Park, Jagger Museum, Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Iki Crater and visit a colorful anthurium and orchid nursery where you will see these exotic blooms. Another highlight of this tour is legendary Rainbow Falls where you might be lucky enough to see the rushing water mix with sunlight to form beautiful rainbows.
Hotel pick up included from major Waikiki hotels.