Discover sea caves, lava tubes and view amazing wildlife above and below the water with this 4 hour tour. Hawaii’s first and original rafting adventure invites you to journey along the historic Kona Coast.
Your naturalist captain will entertain you with tales of Hawaiian folklore and history as you travel to pristine Kealakekua Bay. Snorkel among beautiful tropical fish living in the coral gardens, then snack on a tasty Hawaiian snacks in the marine sanctuary. Learn about the geology of the island as you venture into sea caves and past lava tubes.
What to Expect from your Captain Zodiac Rafting and Snorkel Tour
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor on an exciting adventure to Kealakekua Bay. This is one of Kona’s most complete rafting tours covering 14 miles of breathtaking scenic shores.
- Tour includes all snorkel gear, including prescription masks and flotation devices. Non-swimmers and first-time snorkelers will have special instruction to increase their comfort levels and enjoyment in the water. Easy on and off the raft using a provided ladder.
- After snorkeling, your captain will serve a tropical snack, which will include fresh pineapple and other fresh fruits, cookies, Maui chips, sodas, fruit juices and bottled water. While enjoying your snack, you will hear about the history of the lava up close and have a blast while learning about the beautiful island of Hawaii.
- Boasting a fleet of Rigid Hull Inflatable Zodiac vessels that are 24 feet in length, powered by twin outboard motors and produce a quick moving and highly maneuverable ride. The rafts are perfect for exploring the shallow coves, sea caves and lava tubes located along this coastline. These are the same boats utilized by the U.S. Coast Guard and the Navy Seals. These organizations use them because of their speed, handling and ability to “zip” in and out of the surf. All Captain Zodiac vessels are U.S. Coast Guard certified and inspected yearly by the U. S. Coast Guard. All Captains are licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Passengers sit on the side pontoons and each boat will hold up to 16 passengers.