From as early as mid-November to mid-May, humpback whales migrate from Alaska to Hawaii to birth their young, and you can have a front-row seat on ultra stable powered catamarans to watch these majestic creatures up close. Pacific Whale Foundation is proud to be Maui’s #1 choice for whale watching, with a certified naturalist on board to narrate your two-hour tour and give you all you need to know as you watch them play and teach their young. We are now able to offer 1 FREE child (12 and under) on all 2-hour cruises, one per paying adult. Now, you get to choose between 2 and 3 hour cruises departing from Maui’s centrally located Maalaea Harbor.
This tour leaves from Ma’alaea Harbor, along Maui’s south coast.
What to Expect from your Whale Watching tour
- Live narration by Pacific Whale Foundation’s certified Marine Naturalists
- Travel on high-tech, ultra-stable power catamarans along the scenic Maui coastline
- Guaranteed whale sighting or your next 2-hour cruise is FREE!
- Kids 12 & under are FREE on their 2-hour Whale Watching cruises (1 p/ paying adult)
- Free Kids ages 6 and under on their 3-hour deluxe cruises with lunch (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat)
- Delicious lunch and open bar included on the 3-hour lunch cruise
- Underwater hydrophones to hear whale songs
- watch mothers and calves interact, males competition
- Full-color marine wildlife poster
- Learn the social behavior of humpback whales
- Whale sightings are guaranteed or you receive a “Just a Fluke” coupon to go again at no charge
- Drinks and snacks available for purchase on board on the 2-hour cruises
This tour is a seasonal activity, available only from mid-December through to mid-May.