Enjoy the beautiful Kona Coast from underwater while viewing the peaceful pacific manta ray. This tour gives you the chance to see one of Hawaii’s most beautiful creatures safely and up close. Kona Diving EcoAdventure has over 10 years of experience on and in the waters of the Big Island of Hawaii.
Snorkeling with the manta rays has been a organized encounter for nearly 30 years now in Kona and because of that, the manta rays have become conditioned where to go each night to get an easy meal. The average number of feeding rays per night averages between one and four but can easily exceed 10. Odds this high can seldom be found with any wild animal encounter. Having nothing that bites and nothing that stings, viewing the manta rays is not only safe but can be considered one of the 7 wonders of the underwater world. Kona Diving EcoAdventures has pioneered the easiest and most effective way to safely allow our snorkelers to get within inches of the manta rays- we use floating rings. They have been members of the Professional Association of Diving Instructors since 1977 and adhere to all PADI safety standards in our instructional and recreational dives.
What to Expect from Your Tour
- Travel on The Manta a custom built luxury dive boat. She is 40 ft. long and amazingly 15 ft. wide providing a stable ride. Features include: sundeck, shaded areas, oversized swim platform for ease of entry/exit, fresh water showers, and camera tables.
- Snorkelers will be provided with a mask, fins and snorkel. Wetsuits are provided to all participants at no additional cost.
- All equipment is available to Certified 1-Tank Manta Ray Divers (BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Dive Light, Mask, Fins, Tanks & Weights.)
- View manta rays up close! If you don’t see manta rays you can go back again for free.
- Ride-alongs are welcome aboard.
- Snacks and soft drinks and included