Your exciting day begins with a scenic narrated drive from downtown Hilo, Kona or the Waikoloa area to the Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. It consists of mostly level terrain with a couple of small uphill and downhill sections thrown in for fun! Along with the cycling portion, you will hike through an incredible rainforest that leads you directly through an amazing lava tube. Other mini hikes are to scenic overlooks to witness the heart of the volcano exploding at Halema’uma’u Crater.
Enjoy a specialty picnic style lunch, Island fresh fruit, macadamia nuts and other assorted snacks and drinks during the tour. This fully narrated adventure is truly one of a kind!
During your ride, you will stop at the Jagger Museum where you will see videos of the volcano erupting. The Jagger Museum is also home to many seismographs, which monitor every twitch of the earth.
Throughout the tour your guide will share with you history and geology of the area during the frequent stops along the way – an exciting and active way to spend the day at the Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park!
- Elevation is 4000′ so wear comfortable clothing in layers, sunscreen, and covered shoes
- Bring a camera and sunglasses
- Tour vans will follow the cyclists during the bike ride, cameras and other personal belongings may be left in the van if you wish
- Packs are provided for those guests wishing to carry their cameras at all times
- You may rack your bike and ride along in the van with our guide during any portion of the tour
- If you have someone in your party who does not wish to ride at all, they are welcome to enjoy the tour from the comfort of the van
- They will make all the scheduled stops with the cycling group thus receiving the full tour!