Blue Water Rafting has been offering a variety of high adventure snorkeling and sightseeing tours since early 1985. This 1 1/2 hour whale watch is a great way to get to the whales fast from a convenient location near Wailea.
Morning departures offer calm conditions on Maui’s south shore where visiting Humpbacks are prevalent and often seen nursing their young during these times. Pods are spotted quickly allowing ample time for viewing and listening through a sophisticated hydrophone sound system.
This tour departs from Kihei.
What to Expect from your Whale Watching tour
- Get a close encounter with the whales
- Listen to the whales with sensitive hydrophones
- Get more information about the Whales
- Guaranteed whale sight from Jan 1st – March 31st or get another free ride
- Speedy, smooth raft rides
- Adventurous, small-group tour
- Easy boarding ladders and are approx. 60% shaded by canopies (bring a hat and sunglasses and wear sunscreen to enjoy the ride to the fullest)
- Maximum of 24 passengers per boat
Due to the range of sea conditions encountered and the lively nature of the ride, these tours are not recommended for people with limiting physical conditions, including pregnant women, elderly or physically fragile passengers, those with back or neck injuries, or children under 5 (including infants).
Tours depart rain or shine. Inclement weather conditions are usually temporary and rain gear is provided. Cancellations due to weather are extremely uncommon and all parties are instructed to appear at the boat ramp no matter what the weather seems to them. Destinations are weather permitting and alternate sites may be chosen.
However, it is rare for us not to reach our destination whether it be Molokini or Kanaio. If the captain deems the conditions to be unsafe for departure, a full refund will apply. No shows are non-refundable.
Nb. This is a seasonal activity available from January through April only.