Your journey begins with a pick-up at your hotel or condo when you’ll be taken tjust below the entrance to the Haleakala National Park, where your bike ride will start from. This is a once in a lifetime experience!
After your sunrise stop at the summit of Haleakala, you’ll coast down from the gate of the National Park to Maui’s cowboy town – Makawao. A 22-mile downhill ride on paved roads with only 400 yards of peddling. You will have several photo shoot stops along the way down. This is a ride of a lifetime!
As you descend you will find unique sites. Makawao, Hawaiian for “Where the forest begins” is the center and heart of the area generally known as upcountry Maui. Nestled among the hills along the road to Haleakala National Park, this is where the pineapple fields cease and tall Eucalyptus and Jacaranda trees shade Maui’s green pastures; where the first paniolo’s (cowboys) set up home in the early 20’s when cattle was first introduced to the island.
During your ride, you will see unbelievable views of the Islands of Hawaii, Molokini, Kahoolawe, Lanai, and the West Maui Mountains. You will view the pineapple and sugar cane fields that once dominated Hawaii’s industries, see the various protea flowers, orchids, mango, papaya, avocado, macadamia nut, guava, lychee, coconut, wild coffee trees, and many other exotic plants and flowers.
Haleakala Downhill Bike Tours Include
- Pick-up from all hotels and cruise ships (Between 2-3am).
- Drop off at all hotels and cruise ships (Between 11am-12 pm).
- State of the art bicycle custom designed with comfortable seats and handle bars.
- Helmets, gloves, Helly Hansen all weather jackets & pants.
- Experienced, friendly, knowledgeable guides.
- Small groups, personalized service.
- Web photo gallery of your tour.
- Memories that will last a lifetime.